HARRISBURG, PA (March 14, 2020) - In response to COVID-19, Dauphin County Commissioners Jeff Haste, Mike Pries and George P. Hartwick, III will be closing the Olewine Nature Center at Wildwood Park effective March 15, 2020
, through March 27, 2020
. All Dauphin County parks are currently open.
The following programs at Wildwood Park will also be postponed until further notice:
* March 18 - Dr. Seuss Science Series
* March 19 - Doc Fritchey Fly-Tying Classes
* March 21 – Juniors Geocache
* March 22 - Flower Walk: Cold Tolerant Plants
* March 25 - Bird Walk: Waterfowl and Early Spring Migrants
* March 25 – Preschool Storytime
* March 26 - Doc Fritchey Fly-Tying Workshop
* March 28 – Bears: Furs, Feathers, Ferns
Staff will be in touch with registrants regarding refunds and/or rescheduled dates for these programs.
Although there are no reports of COVID-19 cases in Dauphin County at this time, the commissioners and public safety officials continue to monitor COVID-19 and coordinate with local, state and federal partners.
For safety tips and the latest information, visit www.health.pa.gov or www.cdc.gov