Reporting Forms

PENALTIES - In accordance with the Campaign Finance Reporting Law, those who file required reports after the filing deadline are assessed a late filing fee of $20 per day for the first six days that a report is late, and $10 per day thereafter, up to a maximum penalty of $250.

To improve customer service, the Bureau of Registrations and Elections now is making many Campaign Finance forms available online. Instructions appear at the end of the documents.

NOTE: Except for Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas Judge candidates, all other candidates for county or municipal offices, and county and municipal political committees seeking to influence county or municipal elections, required to file campaign expense reports must file with the Bureau as outlined in the Important Dates, which can be viewed at the above link. Those running for state offices of Dauphin County Court of Common Pleas must file with the Department of State using the same forms as offered below, and copies must be delivered or mailed to:

Dauphin County Bureau of Registration and Elections
1251 South 28th Street
Harrisburg, PA 17111

Campaign Finance Report (DSEB-502)
(Large file size PDF. This will take a few moments to download)
This form is intended for the use of candidates, political committees and contributing lobbyists that are required to disclose contributions and expenditures. (Further instructions available with form)

Campaign Finance Statement (DSEB-503)
You may file this statement in lieu of a full report when the amount of contributions (including in-kind contributions) received, the amount of money expended, and the liabilities incurred each did not exceed $250.00 during the reporting period. (Further instructions available with form)

Political Committee Registration Statement (DSEB-500)
Use this form to register a new political committee. You may also use it to amend the original registration when the committee appoints a new chairperson or treasurer, or changes any other required information.

Authorization for a Political Committee to Receive Funds on Behalf of a Candidate (DSEB-501)
The Pennsylvania Election Code provides that no treasurer of a political committee shall receive any money on behalf of a candidate until such political committee has been authorized in writing by the candidate on a form designed by the Secretary of the Commonwealth. (Further instructions available with form)

Independent Expenditure Reporting Form (DSEB-505)
If you make an Independent Expenditure (an expenditure not in cooperation or consultation with any candidate or candidate's political committee) to influence the outcome of the election of a candidate or ballot question, you must file this report if the expenditure exceeds $100 in a calendar year. (Further instructions available with form).

Late Contribution Form
Section 1628 of the Campaign Finance Reporting Law requires any candidate or political committee, authorized by a candidate and created solely for the purpose of influencing an election on behalf of that candidate, which receives any contribution or pledge of five hundred dollars ($500) or more after the final pre-primary/pre-election report has been deemed completed shall report such contribution to the appropriate supervisor. The candidate, chairperson or treasurer of the political committee shall send the report of late contributions within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt of the contribution. These contributions must be reported through and including the day of the primary/election. The bureau will accept the filing of late contribution reports by facsimile at 717-780-6478. The filing of reports via facsimile applies only to late contribution reports. It does not apply to the filing of campaign finance reports. The filing of late contribution reports does not remove the obligation to also report those contributions on the appropriate post-primary/post-election expense report filing. Please contact our office for specific reporting dates for late contribution reports. (NOTE: For those required to file with the Department of State, please consult the Department’s website for instructions.)