Work Release Center Internship
Dauphin County Work Release is seeking interns at the Work Release Center
Dauphin County Work Release Center internships, while unpaid, provide students with an opportunity to work in a criminal justice environment where Corrections blends with Probation. The Work Release Center is a court managed department, separate from the Dauphin County Prison and Dauphin County Probation Services. For over twenty years, the Work Release Center has offered programs and opportunities for professional development to assist employees and interns in the performance of their daily duties.
- Daily operations of both the Female and Male Work Release Centers
- Witness and assist in commitment, orientation, classification, supervision, and release/discharge of resident population
- Classification and caseload supervision process for resident population
- Gain first-hand experience of how Work Release Probation Officers work with resident population in a corrections environment as well as in the field
- Observe trainings to include Firearms, Defensive Tactics, TASER, and Risk Assessment
- Observe use of substance abuse screening tools
- Dauphin County’s Cross System Collaboration Process
- Employment Assistance Programming through the Work Release Center’s Employment Transition Team
- Community Service projects throughout the county.