You can help bring fraudsters to justice!
For easy and confidential online tip submission, use our online form.
- Suspected theft or misuse of County equipment, property or cash
- False reporting of hours worked
- Submission of illegitimate vendor invoices
- Misrepresentation of expense or travel reimbursements
- Misrepresentation of tax dollars
- Fraudulent reporting of medical, disability or workers compensation claims
- Spending in excess of what is reasonable and necessary
- Violations of the County's gift and gratuity policy
- Violations of the County's purchasing policy
- Other suspected fraud or abuse
- Suspicious Behavior - Fraud perpetrators often display behavioral traits that serve as indicators of possible illegal behavior. The omst commonly cited behavioral red flag was "living beyond their apparent means".
- U.S. Organizations lose an estimated 7% of their annual revenues to fraud.
- Governments are one of the most commonly victimized industry.
- Organizations with fraud hotlines significantly cut their losses due to fraud.
- Frauds are more likely to be detected by a tip than by other means.
- For those governments that maintain hotlines, dollar losses were reduced, and duration of fraud have been reduced
- Fraud and abuse are crimes everyone pays for
- Significant losses due to fraud could mean:
- Increased taxes
- Decreased employee benefits
- Tighter department budgets
- Less services for citizens
- It's your money, you can make a difference
Your tip may result in cost-saving audit or investigation... but only if you report it to us!
You have the right to remain anonymous!
(Although, if you identify yourself, it may assist in our investigation)
|Here's how you can report it...|
- Gather as much of the folowing information as possible:
- Area where the fraud is occuring
- Person or persons involved
- Nature of the fraud/abuse- lying, cheating, stealing, etc
- Date and/or duration of occurrences
- Approximate dollar amount/value involved
- Any other witnesses
- Submit your tip electronically
- Mail your tip to:
- Call - (717) 780-6579
- Fax - (717) 780-6483