Wildwood Park Olewine Nature Center Meeting Room
The Olewine Nature Center offers a classroom meeting space available for rent. Only ten minutes from downtown Harrisburg, the space is perfect for a meeting, retreat, birthday celebration, bridal/baby shower, or simply to get out of the office and enjoy the beautiful urban wetland park and nature center.
The rental fee for the use of the classroom is $150.00. To check availability, email email@example.comMeetings must be held between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Rental for a birthday celebration or bridal/baby shower is for 2 hours: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. or 1 – 3 p.m.
The classroom can accommodate a maximum of 60 people auditorium-style or 48 people at twelve 5-foot tables. It is heated and air-conditioned and is wheelchair accessible.
Caterers may setup in the classroom or in the hall. Rental includes use of the adjacent kitchen with serving window. Please bring your own coffee and condiments. You may use the coffee maker or bring your own.
Wi-Fi, AV cart, projection screen and two dry-erase boards are available. All other meeting supplies are the responsibility of the organization renting the facility. Services not included: conference calling.
Set-up and tear down are the responsibility of renter. This includes setting up chairs and tables, putting chairs and tables away, and kitchen clean up.
- Alcoholic or intoxicating or any illegal substances of any kind are prohibited. The use of such substances will result in immediate expulsion and forfeiture of any and all fees. Future applications for park used by individuals using such substances or groups associated with such individuals will not be considered.
- The collection of fees or the sale of tickets, tangible goods or services on Dauphin County Parks and Recreation property is strictly forbidden.
- Pets are prohibited in the parks during special events. Feeding of geese is also prohibited.
- The potential renter is reminded that this is a publicly owned facility location in a public park. The renter is reserving only the pavilion, room, or field itself and cannot rent the park.
- Amplified music is not permitted.
- Picnic tables must not be moved.
- No temporary additions to the park such as tents, pony rides, concession stand, jumpy castles, etc. are permitted.
- Reservations not claimed within one hour of reservation time will be forfeited and the facility reopened for public use with no refund of cost, rent payments, or fees.
- Cooking may only take place in grills and fire places provided in the Park. Gas grills are not permitted in parks.
- All areas of the park or field must be left in clean and in an orderly condition. Trash and litter must be placed in appropriate containers. Failure to do so will result in monetary penalty (withholding damage deposit) and loss of future reservations privileges.
- Use of fields may be subject to special conditions.
- Vehicular parking is permitted only in the established parking lots. Parking is not permitted on the grass or in the pavilion areas.
- Cancellations made less than (2) weeks before rental date are not eligible for refund of rental fee.
- All facilities are rented in “as is” condition. The potential renter has inspected the facilities and relies on his/her or its own inspection and no representation of the Dauphin County Parks and Recreation Department or any other person or entity.
- Renters are not allowed to use or possess any dangerous or explosive substances or items in the rented facility or the park or recreation area.
- Renters are responsible for their conduct and the conduct of their guests or invitees and are responsible for any damage they cause or caused by any of their guests or invitees.
- Renters and their guests or invitees must comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, rules and regulations.