Family Caregiver Support Program
Pennsylvania Caregiver Support Program offers assistance and responds to the needs of caregivers, in order for them to provide the best possible care for their loved ones.
The Caregiver Program offers the following:
Advice and counseling in which caregivers are told of the benefits that are available to them.
Financial assistance through a cost sharing approach. Primary Caregivers may receive reimbursements to help them with out-of-pocket expenses ranging from respite care to paying for caregiving supplies.
Modifications to the home such as installing stair lifts, assistive devices, building ramps, or modifying the bathroom. Funds may be available to caregivers who qualify, so that they can make the home more livable for the individual with disabilities.
An important feature of the Caregiver Support Program allows the caregiver the opportunity to choose the services they believe most necessary to help care for an older relative or friend at home.
- Assessment of caregiver and older relative or friend’s needs
- Training in caregiving skills
- Financial assistance to purchase supplies or services such as respite or personal care
- Funds for home adaptations
- Benefits counseling on services available through local, state and federal programs
- Referrals to caregiver support or disease specific organizations
- Care Management from your local Area Agency on Aging
The Caregiver Support Program provides financial assistance for essential purchases determined by established guidelines that include actual expenses and household income. In addition to the basic services offered at no cost to the caregivers, financial assistance is available on a cost sharing basis to help with out of pocket caregiving assistance.
To apply for services under the Caregiver Support Program, please contact the Dauphin County Area Agency on Aging at 717-780-6130.