Dauphin County Probation Services is seeking student interns
for both Adult and Juvenile Divisions!
These unpaid internships provide students with an opportunity for first-hand accounts and comprehensive knowledge in the inner workings of the PA Criminal Justice System. Dauphin County Probation Services has long been recognized as a leader among probation departments across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Dauphin County provides cutting-edge training programs and opportunities for professional development by using up-to-date resources/equipment to assist employees and interns in the performance of daily duties.
Typical student internships include opportunities to observe the following:
- Daily operations of both Adult and Juvenile Divisions.
- Witness Court proceedings including sentencing, revocations, adjudication, disposition, detention and placement review hearings.
- Unit functions within each division.
- Gain first-hand experience on how Probation Officers work with offenders in the field.
- Observe Firearms and Defensive Tactic Trainings.
- Observe use of substance abuse screening tools.
- Dauphin County’s Cross System Collaboration Process.
- Community Service projects throughout the county.
Fall Internship Application Deadline 6/14/19
Fall Internship Orientation 9/6/19
Fall Internship Tentative Start Date 9/9/19
For more information, contact Quality Assurance Specialist: