Statutory Powers and Duties
42 Pa.C.S.A. COMMON PLEAS CLERK OF COURT 2757
2757. Powers and duties of the office of the clerk of the courts
The office of the clerk of courts shall have the power and duty to:
(1) Administer oaths and affirmations and take acknowledgments pursuant to Section 327 (relating to oaths and acknowledgments), but shall not be compelled to do so in any matter not pertaining to the proper business of the office.
(2) Affix and attest the seal of the court or courts to all the process thereof and to the certifications and exemplifications of all documents and records pertaining to the office of the clerk of the courts and the business of the clerk of the courts of which it is the clerk of the courts.
(3) Enter all judgments and judgments entered by confession.
(4) Exercise the authority of the clerk of the courts as an officer of the courts.
(5) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may now or hereafter be vested in or imposed upon the office by law, home rule charter, order or rule of court, or ordinance of a county governed by a home rule charter or optional plan of government.