Originally constructed around 1850, the Henninger Farm Covered Bridge spans Wiconisco Creek using a Burr Arch. The bridge was heavily damaged in 2000 by arson and rebuilt in 2003. It is open to foot traffic only and is one of two covered bridges remaining in Dauphin County. Two picnic tables are located nearby.
Location and Map
GPS - Longitude 76.783652, Latitude 40.577176
The bridge is located northeast of Elizabethville in Washington Township. From Elizabethville take Route 209 east 2.4 miles. Take a left onto Rakers Mill Road and proceed 0.6 miles. Take a right onto Henninger Road and travel 0.5 miles to bridge.