Northern Dauphin County Human Services Advisory Panel Transportation Sub Committee
Purpose: Increase the availability of affordable transportation services to residents of Northern Dauphin County.
- Increase the awareness of existing public and private transportation resources such as commercially operated transportation services, and publicly funded transportation resources.
- Conduct a study to determine the feasibility of public transportation expansion in Northern Dauphin County.
- Identify significant services gaps in transportation services that impact particular geographic or special population groups.
- Explore rural transportation models that have been effective in other parts of the Commonwealth.
Progress to date:
- Catalogued current volunteer transportation programs, identified private transportation services available.
- Corresponded with CAT and PA DOT requesting formal study of transportation needs for Northern Dauphin County.
Committee Members: Commissioner Hartwick, Dan Eisenhauer, Bonnie Kent, Diane Faust, Audrey Maule, Glenda Pae, Heather Crook, Lester Albright, Lois Sterling, Lori Leitzel, Stephenie Strayer, Susan Jacobs