Knowledge To Be Developed
- Understanding public policy in child welfare and the mission of Dauphin County Social Services for Children and Youth.
- Understanding the dynamics of child maltreatment.
- Understanding the legal framework of public child welfare in Pennsylvania.
- Understanding the techniques used in assessing risk of child maltreatment within the family unit.
- Understanding appropriate intervention strategies focusing on strengthening families in order to provide a healthy and safe environment for children.
- Identifying the various community agencies involved in delivering child welfare services and understanding their services and target populations.