Complies with the following state laws/regulations requiring that child abuse and neglect be investigated and safe permanent homes be secured for dependent children:
- Juvenile Act (Act 333) and amendments
- Child Protective Services Law (Act 124) and amendments
- Regulations governing County children and youth agencies
- Child protective services regulations
- Domestic Relations Title 23
- Rules of Juvenile Court Procedeure
Also complies with all applicable Federal legislation, including:
- The Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997
- The Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980
- The Multiethnic Placement Act of 1994
- Indian Child Welfare Act of 1978
- When needed, provides protective custody, emergency shelter care, medical and mental health services, foster care and adoptive services.
- Provides a family service plan with goals for establishing a safe child environment.
- Supervises any temporary placement of children.
- Ensures a permanent home for every child.