Caregivers are the Focus
Pennsylvania Caregiver Support Program offers assistance and responds to the needs of caregivers, in order for them to provide the best possible care for their loved ones.
The Caregiver Program offers the following:
Advice and counseling in which caregivers are told of the benefits that are available to them.
Financial assistance through a cost sharing approach. Primary Caregivers may receive reimbursements to help them with out-of-pocket expenses ranging from respite care to paying for caregiving supplies.
Modifications to the home such as installing stair lifts, assistive devices, building ramps, or modifying the bathroom. Funds may be available to caregivers who qualify, so that they can make the home more livable for the individual with disabilities.
An important feature of the Caregiver Support Program allows the caregiver the opportunity to choose the services they believe most necessary to help care for an older relative or friend at home.
Benefits & Services for Caregivers
- Assessment of caregiver and older relative or friend’s needs
- Training in caregiving skills
- Financial assistance to purchase supplies or services such as respite or home chore services
- Funds for home adaptations
- Benefits counseling on services available through local, state and federal programs
- Referrals to caregiver support or disease specific organizations
- Care Management from your local Area Agency on Aging