Dauphin County Human Services will expand and enhance our delivery of innovative, seamless and comprehensive services to our citizenship through strong collaboration, community partnerships and the recognition of our unique yet diverse population. Our Human Services will be easily accessible, culturally competent, and holistic as we provide services to our residents, with a special emphasis on our most vulnerable citizens. Dauphin County's Human Services will be the best not only in the Commonwealth, but also throughout the country, making Dauphin County a sought after location in which to live and raise our children.
- We will hold our service to the community as our highest value expectation priority.
- We will involve consumers, family members and our community in the development of services/resources.
- We will be innovative, strength-based and solution focused in our interactions with each other and our community.
- We will measure outcomes in all that we do and be efficient in the use of our resources.
Human Services Categorical Agencies
- Human Services Director's Office
- Area Agency on Aging
- Social Services for Children, Youth, & Families
- Dauphin County Drugs & Alcohol Services
- Mental Health & Intellectual Disabilities
- Northern Dauphin Human Services Center
Other Important Agencies
- CONTACT Helpline
CONTACT Helpline is a 24-hour, 7 days-a-week, listening, health and human service information and referral service. CONTACT maintains a database of hundreds of referral agencies, organizations, and programs serving Pennsylvania residents of Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry Counties.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Health Ph: 1-877-724-3258
Tasked with the duty and power to protect the health of the people, the Pennsylvania Department of Health has the authority to enforce all statutes pertaining to public health for the prevention and suppression of disease and injury. In order to achieve this goal the department works closely with local health agencies in counties, municipalities, and cities. You can learn more about the department by visiting their website.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare Ph: 1-800-788-5616
Offering a variety of services to low income individuals, the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare makes available a number of services to the people. For a listing of such services, please visit their website.