- 1987 4th Quarter - 9-1-1 needs analysis
- 1988 1st Quarter - Finalization of County wide 9-1-1 (Basic) implementation plan (partial in place)
- 1988 3rd Quarter - Vendor research started for CAD
- 1989 1st Quarter - All local telephone companies committed to Basic 9-1-1
- 1990 1st Quarter - Need for 9-1-1-E and CAD formally presented to Commissioners
- 1990 3rd Quarter - County Wide availability of Basic 9-1-1
- 1990 3rd Quarter - Act 78 of 1990 Public Safety Emergency Telephone Act enacted
- 1990 4th Quarter - Vendor contacts for 9-1-1-E/CAD initiated/researched to continue on vendors and systems through vendor selection
- 1991 1st Quarter - Comprehensive 9-1-1-E Plan development initiated - Letter of intent to initiate 9-1-1 Enhanced Service with Bell Telephone
- 1991 2nd Quarter - Contracts finalized with Bell of PA to provide Enhanced Services
- 1991 3rd Quarter - Contract development and vendor selection for 9-1-1-E and CAD
- 1991 4th Quarter - Contract signed with Bell of PA for 9-1-1-E Services
- 1992 1st Quarter - Contract with L. Robert Kimball and Associates for aerial photography of Dauphin County
- 1992 1st Quarter - Contract with L. Robert Kimball and Associates prime contractor and Intergraph Corporation subcontractors to provide GIS development and CAD. Project work initiated
- 1992 2nd Quarter - Dauphin County 9-1-1-E Plan submitted to DCA/PEMA/PUC. Partial CAD hardware delivery
- 1992 4th Quarter - 9-1-1-E Plan approved
- 1992 4th Quarter - Emergency Service Zone Delineation Meetings
- 1992 4th Quarter - 9-1-1-E hardware contracts approved CAD Development/GIS Development continue. Proof of concept data run
- 1993 1st Quarter - Radio System Enhancement RFP/Specifications
- 1993 1st Quarter - Field verification work implemented
- 1993 1st Quarter - Contracting for radio equipment
- 1993 2nd Quarter - 9-1-1-E service available at County PSAP. Telecommunicator formal training initiated
- 1993 3rd Quarter - Final equipment installation (ANI)
- 1993 3rd Quarter - Cold run of CAD and acceptance tests/debug run. ALI available at PSAP
- 1993 4th Quarter - Online 9-1-1-E and CAD
- 1995 4th Quarter - Official move to new facility on Gibson Boulevard
- 1996 2nd Quarter - CAD migration from Unix to Windows NT
- 1997 4th Qtr - Radio System Improvements Kick Off Meeting & Contract with SSI Services for Radio Project consulting
- 1998 2nd Quarter - Mobile Data Computer System needs assessment
- 1999 GIS Data Reflight and data update/validation began
- 1999 1st Qtr - User surveys completed to determine radio system needs and current deficiencies
- 1999 -> 2000 - Budgetary design and cost projection completed for an entire replacement of the 911 radio network
- 2000 Designs and RFP Mobile Data System
- 2001 Implement Mobile Data System
- 2000 2nd Qtr - Planning, Design and start build-out for site improvements at 911 Ctr, Blue Mtn, Ellendale & Berry Mtn.
- 2002 3rd Qtr - County hires new Radio Technician position to manage development, build-out and maintenance of the 911 radio network
- 2002 3rd Qtr - Tower Site Upgrades to 911 Ctr and new towers at Blue Mtn, Ellendale & Berry Mtn completed 2003 2nd Qtr - Detailed Design begun on Trunked Digital Voice Radio System
2002 3rd Qtr - Completed testing Wireless Phase 1
2003 3rd Qtr - New Digital Microwave ordered from Harris Microwave to provide back-bone connectivity between 911 Ctr, Blue Mtn, Ellendale & Berry Mtn sites
2003 4th Qtr - Installed Vesta telephone system in 911 Center
2004 1st Qtr - Started testing Wireless Phase 2
2004 2nd Qtr - Digital Microwave installed at 911 Ctr, Blue Mtn, Ellendale & Berry Mtn.
2004 2nd Qtr - Testing Wireless Phase 2 50% complete
2004 3rd & 4th Qtr - Existing radio system equipment moved from old towers & shelters to new towers & shelters at Blue Mtn, Ellendale & Berry Mtn.
2004 4th Qtr - Testing Wireless Phase 2 83% complete.
Phase 2 wireless deployment
November 2002 - The written notification from Dauphin County was mailed to
the 6 carriers that operate in Dauphin County for
deployment of Phase 1.
April 2003 - Started testing Phase 1 with the wireless carriers.
September 2003 - Completed testing of Phase 1 with the wireless carriers.
October 2003 - Sent letters out for deployment Phase 2 to the wireless carriers.
March 2004 - Started testing Phase 2 with the wireless carriers.
December 2004 - Completed testing Phase 2 with the wireless carriers.
450 Mhz Radio Project
4/25/2005 and 4/26/2005 - Vendor Best and Final Proposal Presentations
8/24/2005 - Motorola selected as Vendor of Wireless Communications System
12/30/2005 - Contract awarded to Motorola for an ASTRO 25 System
2/16/2006 - Radio Project Kick off meeting
3/29/2006 and 3/30/2006 - User community meetings
4/6/2006 - Radio system detail design review complete
5/1/2006 - First Radio Project E-newsletter sent