Sign In
Criminal Investigation Division FAQ
Can I call CID instead of the police agency that has primary jurisdiction in my area?
Generally you should contact the local police in your area for law enforcement concerns, they have local knowledge of the area and have primary jurisdiction; your local police agency can be reached by calling 911.
Can I call CID if I have a complaint about the police in my area?
Generally the most efficient way to handle dissatisfaction with local police service is to file a complaint with the supervisory personnel in the jurisdiction involved, however CID could help you facilitate this procedure by directing you to the appropriate official to take your complaint.
Does CID investigate allegations of abuse at Dauphin County Prison?
Yes, CID does investigate allegations of criminal abuse at the prison or any other County owed facility.
Can I call CID if I have a question on the status of a criminal case in the District Attorney’s Office?
CID would not have that information, the best course of action would be to call the District Attorney’s Office, who can be reached at 717-780-6767.
Can I call CID if I know the location of a person wanted on criminal charges?
Yes, CID coordinates the Dauphin County Crime Stoppers Program and would appreciate any tips on criminal activity; Dauphin County Crime Stoppers can be reached by calling 1-800-262-3080.
Copyright © 2002-2012 Dauphin County. All Rights Reserved.
HIPAA Privacy Notice | Privacy Policy | PA State Website

Dauphin County is Social

County of Dauphin, Department of Information Technology
2 South Second Street, Fifth Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17101-1295
Contact Dauphin County | County Phone Numbers
Employees Only